NOTE: Because of current PayPal policy, we cannot accept PayPal for orders that include a complete laser package. Orders that include a complete laser must use Stripe for payment. Any orders using that include a complete laser and are paid with PayPal will be canceled and the payment refunded.
NOTE: This is a special order item. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for shipment.
Sold partially assembled for shipping purposes.
The Survival Laser 5 specs out at 4.5W (4,500mW)
+/- 500mW peak optical output power at 450nm wavelength with the included high-efficiency single-element glass lens.
The SL-005PBAR laser includes:
• Your choice of standard Survival Laser S4™black anodized aluminum host assembly with extended and tapered solid copper heat sink, or the Survival Laser Stainless Steel Host Assembly with extended and tapered solid copper heat sink
• 9mm 450nm NUBM44 or NUBM47 high power diode
• Solid copper diode module
• 3.0A custom diode and driver circuit with silicone insulated leads and aluminum controller chip heat sink.
• Single-element "G-2" AR-coated glass lens assembly with blue anodized extended focusing ring
• External lens spring
• Silicone lens cap
• Syringe of Arctic Silver™ Ceramique 2 high-performance thermal compound
• Two 16340 IMR rechargeable batteries
• Dual battery charger
• Survival Laser holster
• Eagle Pair OD4+ 190-540nm goggles (your choice of standard or slip over styles)
The Survival Laser 5 incorporates the same modular, "no soldering required" basic design as the other Survival Laser parts bundles.
The Survival Laser 5 operates for up to 15 minutes total time per charge with the included 16340 IMR rechargeable batteries, and can also use two larger 18650 IMR batteries with the optional 18650 battery extension tube to achieve longer total run times. The recommended duty cycle for the SL 5 is 20 seconds on followed by one minute off. Note:
The beam divergence of the high power 450nm diode used in this bundle is significantly higher than most other laser diodes due to the specific design and configuration of the diode emitter.CAUTION:
The goggles supplied with the SL 5 are adequate for use when looking at the spot created by the assembled laser on a non-reflective surface. However, NEVER look directly into any laser beam or its reflection even when wearing these goggles. Note: These goggles are for personal use only, not for any commercial use that is regulated by OSHA.
A complete list of product specifications for the Survival Laser 5 can be found on the "About" page, and is also contained in the PDF instructions linked near the bottom of the "Home" page.Recommended Safety PrecautionsImportant Safety Information
Survival Laser Warranty, Liability & Indemnification Policy
Survival Laser 5 445nm Laser Assembly & Operation Instructions
Survival Laser Stainless Steel Host Instruction Addendum
G-1/G-2 Lens Spring Addendum